Monday 2 July 2012

Breakfast / Ontbijt


In the previous chapters of my life, I am used to eating 3 warm meals a day – rice or noodles – 3 times in a day! Hardly much of pasta or bread or potatoes. And I did not even have issues with my weight back then. Now, after close to 10 years of living in Flanders, I can’t even manage 2 warm meals in a day! If I do stuff myself silly then I feel awful afterwards. And I have issues with my weight here! *yikes* But every once in awhile, I do miss all those delicious breakfast readily available just almost everywhere on the island!

Our typical elaborated breakfast (of croissants, half boiled eggs, orange juice and cup of coffee) when we have the time, usually it's just bread and a cup of coffee.

 



And these variety below, used to be my daily breakfast choices.

Lontong
Nasi Lemak
Nasi Sambal Goreng
Egg Prata serve with Fish curry

2 comments:

  1. Mush! all those food displayed won't help much during this fasting month! I just had sahur and I am already salivating for those on your page hahaha. I's funny that you did not gain as much then compared to now. Kat negeri mat salleh memang makan 1 warm food a day kan? It's always mentioned in storybooks and it always got me wondered masa kecik2 dulu, ala siannya budak2 kat sana, padahal memang cenggitu kan? And they live in cold countries, kita yg duk negeri panas ni have more warm food than them. But they make up for it with lotsa chocolates, croissants, cheese, cream and butter in the food. So lebih kurang jer rasanya.

    Disebabkan awak, saya harus buat Mee curry buka poser nanti.

    Your fault! kekeke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wiz, thx for dropping by - hai hang mentioned Mee Curry, cheq dok teringat Maggie Mee curry flavour.... takpa, sat ja lagi cheq dah balik kampong, boleh telan maggie mee puas2. Selamat berpuasa ya kawan ku.... ; )

    ReplyDelete