Wednesday 14 December 2011

Christmas in Ghent


Our Decembers are usually one big rush as my significant other  - B - is required at work almost daily to cope with the retail madness! So, Christmas shopping, the extended family meals and gifts planning or buying are all done in a rushing manner – no fun at all. It is moments such as these that I am thankful that I could go shopping online! As I am typing this up - our Christmas deco at home is half up! I am still short of 10 more cards, how and when will we ever find the time to squeeze in these chores, I do not know! *sigh* I am just thankful we got the tree and the kid – N – gets to doll it up this year. Then to top that, as if being the darkest month is not enough – December has to throw some unpleasant surprises our way with horrid news of illness and deaths. But amidst those, there are also lighter and cheery news like receiving word of new born babies, bonuses and work opportunities. Anyways, I best leave you now with a few pictures taken around the city centre, these were snapped at different times (read – whenever I could squeeze time to go into town for some Xmas shopping). Have a blessed Christmas all and I hope you get to spend it with your loved ones.




 This is my favourite Xmas piece - the Ghent Opera house cafe entrance.
 The typical festive local delicacy - be it in summer, spring or winter, the "Oliebollen" and Belgian waffles are a must try if you are in town!


No comments:

Post a Comment