Wednesday 18 January 2012

House Favourites

Although the official national dish in Flanders is the famous “Gentse Waterzooi” and Mussels with Fries,  to my pleasant surprise, the Bolognese sauce is I think the number one house favourite amongst the locals here.
 Gentse Waterzooi & Mussels with Fries

The famous Spaghetti Bolognese
Our weekly menu is usually made up of (70-30%) of Flemish and asian dishes. N has no taste nor cravings for anything asian at all, N’s taste bud is completely Dutch (got it from B side of the family). N loves cheese and milk, Spaghetti Bolognese and any dish that serves vegetables (usually Broccollies or Cauliflower), side of potatoes and a piece of meat! Everytime I dish out anything remotely other than  “Flemish” food, I have to cook a separate dish for N. Thus, sometimes I am not at all motivated with cooking dishes from home (the far east). Since I despise cooking and since our house cook – B - has to work such long hours – I have no choice than to take over this stressful duty! And although many food blogs has become a source of inspiration for me especially those with idiot proof instructions and recipes, these books have become my weekly bible to cooking! And tonights dinner menu – Chicken Stew with Olives serve with rice 
= )



2 comments:

  1. Hey Babe, I love Spaghetti Bolognese!!! I want to taste your cooking if I've a chance :)

    It look tempting & I don't blame N if she don't like asian food ;)

    Hugs for now
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, come visit us soon then Sophie dear!=)

    ReplyDelete